Jireh-Shalom Foundation purpose is to advocate for people whom the system has failed — like Lee Malvo of DC Sniper infamy — family members and survivors of crimes. We do not believe that extreme and unusual punishments are fitting for young people. We believe in truth telling to reconcile traumatic experiences. We believe in wholistic healing and self care.
Jireh-Shalom creates a community for those who have lost loved ones to or have survived violence committed by youth.
The Jireh-Shalom Foundation is committed to the domestic and economic empowerment of children and their families. Through engaging and convening people who are in pain and offering them purpose is a tried and true part of our work to date.
Jireh-Shalom is committed to truth and reconciliation of trauma; healing in incomparable ways for the survivor families themselves. This advocacy is remarkably effective.
- Offering virtual training academies to survivor families on healing circles, local organizing, and advocacy / public speaking on truth and reconciliation of traumatic experiences;
- Formalizing national networks for survivor families who want to reconcile traumatic experiences.
But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?' I John 3:17
- Jireh-Shalom Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable foundation committed to providing resources for domestic violence intervention and prevention for women and women with children worldwide.
- Jireh-Shalom provides financial and support resources for intervention to women and women w/children victims in domestic violence, and/or abuse. These services will be provided initially in the state of Washington, Oregon, and will be extended to other states. Services will be initiated upon the request of an community based organization, or 501(c)3 non profit organization.
- Jireh-Shalom is engaged in the development of community collaborations and partnerships. Community organizations function as sites that house and support abused women and women w/children.
- Jireh-Shalom provides mentorship development and training. Women will have a mentor. These mentors will be trained, and will provide on-going professional and personal development. They will usually have been victims in domestic violence and/or abuse, and have successfully left the situation of their abusers. Training will be conducted by nationally recognized mentorship organizations and will be offered at the site of the organization.
The Jireh-Shalom Foundation was founded as part of the healing process for me and my family. In my book, Genesis: The DC Sniper Story Untold I advocate strongly for domestic abuse/violence awareness, prevention, and intervention. Genesis is the untold story of two American families whose domestic lives become intertwined from a business relationship to friendship; a friendship that culminates as the epicenter of this country's most notorious spree of relentless killings. Starting in Tacoma, Washington, Genesis provides the missing motive, and documents the first murder of murders that precipitated the DC beltway sniper shootings.
Who We Are
Jireh-Shalom Foundation is a nonprofit organization in Tacoma, Washington, committed to the domestic and economic InPowerMent of children, families, and their communities.
Jireh and Shalom are Hebrew words meaning provision and peace. The need for provision and peace for abused women, and women with children, is overwhelming. Through a collaborative approach and a philosophy of unconditional acceptance, Jireh-Shalom Foundation offers the opportunity for truth and reconciliation to the disenfranchised; to receive forgiveness, help, hope, guidance and encouragement.
Our purpose is to help children, families, and our communities with InPowerMent through transformation, and renewing of their minds.
As a believer in the Trinity, and a survivor, I embrace the challenge. Something of value must come from the trail of tears and shattered lives. Jireh-Shalom Foundation is that something.
This is my passion. This is my legacy to domestic abuse/violence survivors like myself. This may be the last thing I do for healing, education, and domestic InPowerMent of our children, our families, and our community.
Our Core Values
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- You have the human and civil right to live free from abuse and violence!
- Truth & Reconciliation Through Traumatic Experiences
- Develop civic conversation on Domestic Empowerment for the elimination of Domestic Abuse and Violence.
- Women's Issues
- Build on a holistic model that centers on self discovery and self assessment.
Help Us Succeed!
You can contribute to the success of the Jireh-Shalom Foundation by making a donation. Your donation will go directly to support of programs that promote the well being of women in our society.
While this notice appears, donations are accepted on our behalf by Tacoma's Maxine Mimms Academy, whose name will appear on the PayPal donation pages.
Jireh-Shalom is a non-profit corporation registered in the State of Washington. Ask your accountant; your donation may be tax-deductible.